Allison E. Alexander is an author, editor, nerd, artist, designer, podcast host, and about 400 other things. As someone with a chronic illness, she’s particularly passionate about including disabled characters in her stories and supporting diversity in fiction.
Alexander has a degree in English from Canadian Mennonite University and a certificate in Publishing from Ryerson University. After school, she worked in advertising and graphic design for a few years before editing books at a small press. Now, she writes full time and dabbles in art on the side.
Her nonfiction writing includes topics like pop culture, disability, worldbuilding, and faith. In her Gender-Swapped Classics series, she edits, adapts, and abridges classic novels for modern readers.
Gaming, reading, and drawing are Alexander’s favourite things. She makes her home in Hoth, a.k.a. Winnipeg, with her husband and their giant collection of tabletop RPG manuals. During her free time, you can find her chasing chocobos in Hyrule, traipsing with kitsune in Middle-earth, or piloting the Normandy in a galaxy far, far away.
10 Fandoms to Get to Know Allison
- The Legend of Zelda
- Mass Effect
- Dragon Age
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- Final Fantasy
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Hollow Knight
- The Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
- Sabriel by Garth Nix
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Skyward by Brandon Sanderson
- Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko
- Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir
- Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Stargate: SG-1
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Critical Role